Friday, July 1, 2016

Independence Day! Author's Tag

Hello Lovely People,

Happy Soon To Be Independence Day! I hope everyone will enjoy their 4th of July and any other exciting plans they have this weekend. I been going through changes alot, and in a chaotic environment, but that is in the mist of changing. Thanks to Kim Chance, an author I admire I decided to participate in the author/writers tag and answer a few questions about myself that some people may have wanted to know.

What do you eat or drink while writing?

I would prefer to eat vanilla bean scones and a caramel frappe with chocolate drizzled on top from Starbucks. If I can't do that I would prefer green tea or any tea with Heath bar/Symphony bar (blue) or Whopper candy or just sparkling flavored water with the candy/Heath bar. On special occasions I will do Ferrero Rocher.

What do you listen to while writing?

I originally did songs that reflected the theme in the book. Thanks to Kim Chance for introducing the thought of film scores while writing. I love it they often help me through writer's block now.
Check It Out! This One Is My Favorite! It's a blend of many.
Film Score

What is your biggest distraction?

Probably the chaos that's going on around me until I move, which will be soon. My other distraction is my favorite tv shows like I recently did a Gilmore Girls marathon. Now I am doing this old cartoon I watched when I was a kid that I loved called Fillmore. I also surf the web, but its mostly for research purposes if its not  my favorite anime or manga.  Anime/Manga/Reading Books are great distractions when I have writer's block  though because it helps me  figure out where I went wrong and it's also fun.

Worst thing that has happened to you while writing?

When I did the complete story board & first scene in my first ever screenplay and lost the whole thing.  And another is I misplaced all the background information on my characters for Entrapment a while back scariest thing ever, but I eventually found it.

What is the best thing that ever happened to you while writing?

Writing Entrapment and starting my own literary imprint, LitArtistry Press and registering it which I will be giving more details about later.

Who do you communicate with while writing?

I do not communicate with anyone anymore during the writing process other than leaking excerpt of  chapters. I am an introvert so it a little difficult with groups of people, but I am good with one on one conversations, but I am slowly overcoming that.

What is your inspiration? What makes you productive?

I get inspiration from everywhere, but most when I am reading or checking out my favorite authors  and what they are up to, it motivates me to keep going and I remember why I wanted to be a writer. I think: I need to get busy. One way I  get productive is when I realize how much I have done and how much I want to complete. Another time is, I call it the Euphoria moment when ideas overflowing in my head I need to get them out before I loose them. Now I have a vault file for story ideas. Well I am thinking of setting up a reward for myself after draft is completed to motivate me even more. Reward: A pint of pistachio ice cream...lol Yum :-) it has become my new ultra favorite ice cream besides moo-llennium crunch, birthday cake, and bunny tracks ice cream.

What do you or other writers do that really annoy you?

I annoy myself when I overthink things and my perfectionist side comes in and/or self doubt kicks in. I am learning to master my thoughts though. I also annoy myself when I double post because some social media sites are interconnected I also hate that I am can get anxious at times, but I appreciate all my flaws. One thing that annoys me about what other writers do is that some are judgmental or overly critical when they are not perfect themselves, but other than that I love writers they are awesome!😉

**I post chapters or excerpts when I can...soon I will release full Chapter 19: forbidden.**


 ~ To Writer's Feel Free To Write Your Own  Author/Writer's Tag ~

Happy Independence Day! Party Like Rock Starz!

XoXo,

TTYF

💜R

No comments:

Post a Comment